Delicious, protein-rich and easy to make. This recipe could become a new favorite for your MG-friendly lunchtime rotation.
Are you craving a light and refreshing new recipe to try this spring? Look no further! This avocado egg salad recipe checks all the boxes, and thanks to the soft and creamy combination of eggs and avocado, it may be easier to chew and swallow, too.
Opting for MG-friendly foods doesn’t mean you have to settle. Cooking and preparing new, flavorful and nutritious recipes, like this avocado egg salad, can keep both your creativity and your appetite satisfied.
This recipe was submitted by Iris* whose husband, Victor,* lives with MG. They’ve been an unstoppable team since Victor’s diagnosis and an important source of support for one another. And now, they want to share their learnings with others through a delicious, MG-friendly recipe.
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, peeled (can use store-bought hard-boiled eggs)
- 1 avocado
- 1 tbsp plain yogurt
- 5 tbsp finely grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ tsp lemon juice
- ⅛ – ¼ tsp salt
- Pinch of pepper
Tip: For a healthier dish, use low-fat or nonfat yogurt.
Soft and Creamy Avocado Egg Salad Recipe
- Dice hard-boiled eggs.
- Place the diced eggs into a mixing bowl.
- Dice the avocado and add to the mixing bowl. (Tip: Cut in half lengthwise first, remove the pit, use a large spoon to remove the flesh from the skin and then dice.)
- Add yogurt, cheese, lemon juice, salt and pepper to the mixing bowl and gently mix everything together.
Yields: 4 servings
Please consult your healthcare team for which recipes are best for your dietary needs, whether any modifications would be appropriate, and consider any allergies or dietary restrictions before making these recipes.