If life with MG has you feeling a mix of emotions, you’re not alone. Watch From That Day Forward by the director who brought you A Mystery to Me to hear about Chris, Shalonda and Eric’s journeys.
Self-advocacy may be an important part of a person’s journey with MG. In this video, two MG community members, a neurologist and a moderator who lives with MG get together to talk about self-advocacy. Their conversation is based on their real experiences, offering strategies that may help people in the MG community become better self-advocates. Some of the tips they discuss include:
- Finding a healthcare team during their MG journey
- How they self-advocate while speaking with their doctors
- Educating their healthcare team about their MG
- How resources like the Doctor Discussion Guide and Myasthenia Gravis Activities of Daily Living (MG-ADL) scale may be useful
- What someone who is newly diagnosed may want to look for in a healthcare team
- Advice on how someone living with MG can be their own best advocate
Check out these kits for MG groups to get resources that may help your support group members have better conversations with their healthcare teams.